Sunday, February 1, 2009

Professional Knock-Offs

We decided that we ought to have some professional pictures taken and we didn't want to bug any of the photographers at Jordan's station. My dad happened to know a photographer down in Colorado Springs who had a special deal going to get 4 sessions and a picture from each one framed. The idea is to hit 3 months (holding up the head), 6 months (sitting up), 9 months (pulling to a stand--I think), and 12 months (standing on his own) all caught on film. I figured it was a good idea probably just because we'd have someone reminding us to get pictures of specific stages (because, of course, you can see that this child does not have his picture taken often enough). Anyway, the pictures they took were phenomenal. If you want to see those (in case I didn't send you the link already), go to www.jonathonbetz.com. Enter the site, then click on "Clients" and then "Online Galleries". Find Seth's 4 month pictures and the password is "Austin4mo". The pictures are fabulous. So good, and yet SO expensive. So, this is our attempt to save a little money and see if we could take some good pictures on our own. This way I'm not stealing the photographer's images, I'm not breaking our bank, but I still don't feel as bad about not buying some of these great pictures. I still have to doctor them up a little bit with the Photoshop program I got for Christmas to fix the lighting and some of the places where the background didn't cover enough but for the most part I'm pretty proud of how well they turned out with my little point and shoot camera.










1 comment:

Exploring the country one hospital at a time! said...

We love your pictures! Some of the knock offs are better than the professional ones. He is getting so big and has such gorgeous eyes! Hope you guys are doing well, hopefully we will be out to Colorado someday soon again.